CE Video Training: Chairside Stretching & Trigger Point Therapy
*This training is included in the Valachi WellBody System.
Prevent muscle imbalances and the progression of musculoskeletal problems utilizing a unique set of chairside stretches and self-treatment of painful trigger points utilizing a self-massage tool, the Backnobber. Learn how certain postures and positions can lead to muscle imbalances and painful trigger points among dental professionals. The benefits and methods of directional chairside stretching are introduced, with illustrated pictures of 20 chairside stretches and anatomical photos of the target area. An excellent video for your next dental society or study club meeting!
The Chairside Stretching & Trigger Point Kit includes:
- ONLINE VIDEOS NEVER EXPIRE–stream them anytime, anywhere!
- Videos of all 20 chairside stretches
- Video of self-treatment of trigger points for dental professionals
- Chairside stretching instruction manual and laminated wall charts
- Optional add-on: Backnobber trigger point treatment tool
- List of Healthcare Professionals to treat dental professionals (with hyperlinks to websites)
Earn 2 CEUs with an easy online test. Scroll down to ‘Description’ for AGD PACE CE Course information.
Course Title: Smart Moves in the Operatory: Chairside Stretching & Trigger Point Therapy
Learn how certain postures and positions can lead to muscle imbalances and painful trigger points among dental professionals. Operators generally tend to lose flexibility in directions opposite those in which they operate. Reversing these postures through Directional Chairside Stretching is key to developing optimal musculoskeletal health. The benefits and methods of directional chairside stretching are introduced, with illustrated pictures of 20 chairside stretches and anatomical photos of the target area. For each stretch, operatory photos show postures, positions and movements that illustrate how areas can become painful or injured when delivering dental care. The etiology and self-treatment of painful trigger points is introduced, using a self-massage tool.
- Learn the etiology of muscle imbalances and trigger points in dentistry
- Identify the benefits of chairside stretching
- Understand postures and positions in the operatory that are risk factors for developing ischemic muscles and trigger points
- Learn how to self-treat and manage trigger points
- Identify appropriate alternate therapies for treatment of trigger points
CE Method: Online Course NEVER EXPIRES!
CE credits: 2
AGD PACE test: Available immediately online
Refund: Full refund within 30 days with receipt
Program Provider: Posturedontics, LLC
Instructor: Dr. Bethany Valachi, PT, DPT, MS, CEAS; Clinical Instructor of Ergonomics, OHSU School of Dentistry, Portland, OR
Support/Questions: email@example.com or 503.291.5121
|Dimensions||12 × 11 × 2 in|
With Backnobber, No Backnobber, Upgrade Enter ISBN#