DVD: Positioning for Success in Dentistry
NOTE: This DVD is NOT eligible for CE credits. To earn 2 CEUs with this course, select the online course: CLICK HERE.
Your first step to prevent work-related pain and ensure your career longevity in dentistry involves resolving ergonomic challenges in the operatory that compromise posture.
Learn Dr. Valachi’s evidence-based, proprietary 10-Step Positioning Sequence to ensure proper positioning of operator, patient, chair, stools, loupes, light, assistant, and delivery system–helping you work more comfortably and boosting productivity!
Team members will learn how to:
- Identify ergonomic features on operator stools, patient chairs and positioning aids.
- Properly adjust both ergonomic and non-ergonomic stools.
- Utilize special positioning aids to improve patient tolerance to being reclined.
- Special positioning techniques for pedo, geriatric and wheelchair populations.
- Position patients in both flat and double articulating headrests.
- Gain control of the occlusal plane for improved working posture.
- Improve head posture by 15 degrees with a special exercise.
- Retrofit non-ergonomic patient chairs.